IRIS Data Products
Dr. Alex Hutko, IRIS Data Services
IRIS data products are meant to facilitate research by providing starting points as well as standardized baselines. Many of our products are automatically generated and published in near-real time. Our product efforts involve a combination of developing products in-house, in collaboration with researchers, and hosting products developed by researchers. To date we have funded 8 data product developments with mini-grants and hope to continue this in the future. This presentation highlights a few notable products, browsed using the Searchable Product Depository (SPUD, http://www.iris.edu/spud), that serve primarily as research resources:
- Event-based products that are generated in near real-time and include GCMTs, 1D & 3D SEM synthetic seismograms, visualization of ground motion across USArray, earthquake energy and rupture duration, back-projection rupture imaging and plots of station maps and record sections.
- The TA Infrasound Reference Event Database (TAIRED) and TA Infrasound Detections (TAID) are designed to provide insight and tools for researchers to begin working with this large, and somewhat unique, new data set.
- Our Earth Model Collaboration (EMC) is a repository from which users can download contributed tomography models or generate images through a web interface.
- A new product, the Noise Toolbox tracks the polarization of noise and will serve as the basis for a microseism index database.
- Easy access on-demand customizable SEM synthetic seismograms.
A complete list of our data products: http://www.iris.edu/dms/products.
We welcome feedback, suggestions, and collaborations:firstname.lastname@example.org
|Last updated||Key Points|