Long Valley Caldera area has had a history of eruptions and earthquake swarms. Learn more with this interactive map that reveals geology, eruptions, earthquakes, and more.
VIEW the interactive in a separate tab, by clicking on "Open Resource". (Note some browsers lack the plugins for rollovers.)
OR click Download All. AFTER downloading, you can Open either:
- by using Flash player, or
- by clicking File > Open from within your browser, find the file on your computer, and it should open as an interactive file.
- Eruptive products of the region are younger than 1 million years.
- The youngest eruptions occurred in the past 4,000 years
- A 1980 earthquake swarm was accompanied by ground deformation and uplift
- Ash from the eruption of the Bishop Tuff covered much of the Western U.S.