Keep tabs on current seismicity with IRIS's Seismic Monitor. This fact sheet provides an introduction to an interactive display of global seismicity that allows users to monitor earthquakes in near real-time, view records of ground motion, learn about earthquakes, and visit seismic stations around the world.
- Current seismicity displayed (in near-real-time) on a map
- View global topography and seismicity
- Get seismograms for events that have occured within the last two weeks
- Visit seismic stations to get information on the geology of the area, the type of seismometer being used, and contact information. Some stations have a photo available.
Requesting Fact Sheets:
To request hardcopies of E&O materials, please send an email toEandOproduct@iris.edu with the following information:
- Names of item(s) you are requesting along with respective quantities. Please list posters and one-pagers on separate lines.
- Full mailing address, including phone number, where the materials should be sent.
- Indicate what purpose the materials will be serving.
- Date materials are needed by (if applicable).
PLEASE NOTE: Time-sensitive requests must be sent at least three weeks beforethe date they are needed. When e-mailing a time-sensitive request, please write "Time-Sensitive Request" in the subject line.