Standing Committee Meeting Report PASSCAL
Action Items for PASSCAL Standing Committee Meeting
October 3-4, 2008
San Diego, CA
Attendees: Alan Levander (Chair), Richard Allen , Lara Wagner, Matt Fouch, Tom Pratt, Artie Rodgers, Ray Russo, George Zandt, Stephane Rondenay.
Others: Rick Aster, John Collins, Bruce Beaudoin, Marcos Alvarez, Steve Harder, David Simpson , Rob Woolley, Jim Fowler.
- Carry over budget was approved as presented with the exception of splitting the money for 4.5 Hz phones to buy 4.5 Hz phones and software development in the form of additions to PQL.
- The formation of a Committee on PASSCAL Sources to make recommendations to the PASSCAL Standing Committee about the best way to provide support in the form of seismic sources to the active source community.
- Need to write a policy for the times when data from a PASSCAL experiment does not need to be archived at the DMC.
- PASSCAL Standing Committee recommends that the Instrument initiate a search for a Hardware Maintenance Supervisor. To start work at the center in the second quarter of 2009.
- The committee recommends that the center start the search for and additional Sensor Repair engineer.