IRIS Educational Affiliates are a community of institutions that share a common interest in promoting and enhancing seismology education. As such, members of this community are consumers of both seismology educational products and seismological research, and are uniquely positioned to spend time thinking, working, and solving seismology educational issues across a spectrum of learners.
Benefits of an Educational Affiliate Membership
- Receive an IRIS educational resource package containing the IRIS E&O posters series, the IRIS “One-Page” series, a variety of seismology education software for use in your classroom.
- Receive direct notification of all new IRIS educational resources.
- Opportunities to develop new educational activities with the IRIS E&O program based on your institutions seismology education needs.
- Opportunities to enrich your faculty’s seismology content knowledge through current professional development experiences. These workshops include hands-on sessions on the use of a seismograph and seismic data in undergraduate teaching, as well as an overview of IRIS activities and research.
- Opportunity to apply to participate in the Sabbaticals in Seismology (SIS) program, developed specifically to meet the needs of Educational Affiliate members.
- Receive a discount on an educational or educational/research seismograph. You will be given the opportunity to purchase a seismograph worth over $600 for use in teaching for only $200 or to receive a $400 discount on a research quality seismograph costing $2500 or more.
- Opportunities to develop linkages with nearby IRIS institutions.
- Funding to attend one IRIS Annual Workshop and become eligible for grants to attend future meetings.
- Opportunity to serve on the IRIS Education and Outreach committee.
- Annual e-newsletter
Additional information on membership can be obtained by filling out the Membership Request form.
|Arizona Western College||Fred Croxen|
|Aurora University||Rick Polad|
|Bridgewater State College||Robert Cicerone|
|California State University, Northridge||Gerry Simila|
|Central Wyoming College||Suzanne M (Suki) Smaglik|
|College of Charleston||Steve Jaume|
|Diné College||Margaret Mayer|
|Eckerd College||Laura Reiser Wetzel|
|Imperial Valley College||Kevin Marty|
|Island Wood||Clancy J. Wolf|
|University of Missouri, Kansas City||Tina Niemi|
|Moravian College||Kelly Krieble|
|The University of New Hampshire, Durham||Margaret Boettcher|
|The College of New Jersey||Margaret Benoit|
|State University of New York at Potsdam||Frank Revetta|
|University of North Alabama||Melissa Moore-Driskell|
|University of Portland||Rev. Ronald Wasowski|
|Trinity University||Glenn C Kroeger|
|Waubonsee Community College||David Voorhees|
|Westminster College||David Schmidt|
|University of Wisconsin- Whitewater||Prajukti (juk) Bhattacharyya|