|Moran, Seth (Chair)||USGS, Cascadia Volcano Observatory|
|Anderson, Megan||Colorado College|
|Hansen, Samantha||University of Alabama|
|Hole, John||Virginia Tech|
|O'Neel, Shad||USGS Alaska Science Center|
|Okaya, David||University of Southern California|
|Wagner, Lara||University of North Carolina|
|West, Michael||University of Alaska, Fairbanks|
|Nyblade, Andy (ex officio)||Penn State University|
|Bilek, Sue (obs)||New Mexico Tech|
|Beaudoin, Bruce (obs)||PASSCAL/NMT|
|Harder, Steve (obs)||University of Texas, El Paso|
Preamble to Standing Committee Charge
The Program Standing Committees form essential links in the IRIS governance and management structures. They provide a direct voice for the community to bring issues of policy and program development to the Programs and to the Board of Directors (BoD). They provide advice to the Program Managers and IRIS President in the development of activities and budgets to be presented to the BoD for approval. Formally reporting to the BoD, these committees provide oversight of their respective Programs. They also provide recommendations on policy issues and new programmatic initiatives to the BoD. Each Standing Committee Chair is to work closely with the Program Manager to prepare semi-annual reports to the BoD and to develop agendas for Standing Committee meetings.
The PASSCAL Standing Committee advises the Board of Directors and the PASSCAL program on policies of the portable instrumentation program, addressing issues in hardware development, usage, and services related to field support and the dissemination of data collected by individual field projects. This committee is charged by the Board of Directors to:
- Set standards of instrumentation and software development for PASSCAL, working in concert with the PASSCAL Program Manager to exploit new technology.
- Set guidelines for the use of the PASSCAL facility. This includes the use of equipment and services provided by instrument center personnel.
- Set guidelines for archiving data collected in PASSCAL experiments.
- Aid in scheduling instrument use and advise on issues concerning PI responsibility.
- Develop and evaluate strategies for the continued maintenance and procurement of PASSCAL instrumentation so as to best serve the needs of the community.
- Develop new initiatives to enhance the effectiveness of the PASSCAL program
- Advise the Program Manager and the IRIS President on program planning and annual budgets.
- Provide oversight of the PASSCAL program,
- Review activities and sources of support for new initiatives that use or wish to use PASSCAL facilities or resources in the context of the effectiveness of the overall IRIS mission.