Please join us at the 2019 Joint SAGE/GAGE Workshop, to be held in Portland, OR, October 9th-11th. The joint workshop theme is 'Earth in 4D: Bridging the Timescales in Dynamic Earth Processes’, and will take place at the Hilton Portland Downtown hotel. You can now register for the workshop, and find additional details regarding travel and lodging.
Theme Description: Our understanding of fundamental Earth processes requires multifaceted investigations that span a large range of temporal and spatial scales. This workshop will focus on cutting edge geophysical results of processes in the solid earth, cryosphere, oceans and atmosphere and will highlight synergies between the seismic and geodetic communities.
Please consider submitting an abstract to one of these five Plenary Session Themes, that include:
- Bridging the Observational Gap in Time: Processes Today and their Relationship to the Past
- Advances in Geodetic & Seismologic Science in Extreme Environments
- Subduction Zones through the Lens of Seismology and Geodesy
- Earth Rheology and Structure: New Approaches, Applications, and Implications for Dynamics
- New and Exotic Approaches for Acquiring, Analyzing and Modeling in Geophysics
July 31st: Student Scholarship Applications Close
September 6th: Registration and Abstract Submissions Close
September 9th: Hotel Registration Closes
We look forward to seeing you in Portland!
Any questions? Please contact the Workshop Organizers, Danielle Sumy (danielle.sumy at iris dot edu) and Donna Charlevoix (donnac at unavco dot org)