This year, both the IRIS member representatives and the UNAVCO member representatives will elect Board Directors from their own membership and a Board Director from the membership of the other organization. We believe this cross-over representation will help both organizations plan for the transition to EarthScope and better understand broad perspectives from throughout the geophysics community.
The IRIS Consortium is very pleased to announce the results of the 2021 Board of Directors election.
Vice Chair of Board of Directors for a one-year term:
- Brandon Schmandt, University of New Mexico
Directors for three-year terms*:
- Jeffrey Freymueller, Michigan State University
- Anne Tréhu, Oregon State University
Continuing Board Members (and the year their term ends*):
- Rick Aster (Chair), Colorado State University, 2022
- Jackie Caplan-Auerbach, Western Washington University, 2022
- Sarah Kruse, University of South Florida, 2022
- Victor Tsai, Brown University, 2023
- Lara Wagner, Carnegie Institution for Science, 2023
- Phil Wannamaker, University of Utah, 2023
We are grateful to the following individuals who volunteered their time and expertise to serve on the Board, on a Standing Committee, or on an Advisory Committee and who are rotating off this year:
Board of Directors:
- Charles Ammon, The Pennsylvania State University
- Susan Schwartz, University of California, Santa Cruz
Standing Committee or Advisory Committee Chairs/Members:
- David Alumbaugh
- Ninfa Bennington (Chair)
- Kathy Ellins (Chair)
- Debi Kilb
- Lee Liberty
- Beatrice Magnani (Chair)
- Alex Nikulin
- Jared Peacock
- Wes Thelen
We thank all of the candidates who ran for the Board of Directors this year. We had an excellent slate of talented individuals and we appreciate their willingness to serve the IRIS community.
*Note that Directors are elected for three-year terms, but we expect the merger with UNAVCO to be complete in late 2022 and a new Board of Directors will be established for the EarthScope Consortium.
Bob Woodward, President, IRIS
Rick Aster, Chair, IRIS Board of Directors