Standing Committee Meeting Report Quality Assurance Advisory Committee
July 2016

Quality Assurance Advisory Committee meeting – July 2016

Teleconference via GoToMeeting

Wednesday, July 27th, 2016
11:00 AM to 12:30 PM PDT (2:00 PM to 3:30 PM EDT)

Agenda

Topic                                                         Presenter
* Roll Call and Introductions                     V. Levin (Chair)
* Review Action Items                              V. Levin
* Bringing MUSTANG to the masses – how do we popularize the tool?
                                                                 V. Levin
* Members showing an example of using MUSTANG
                                                                 P. Davis, others?
* Comments on network reports sent from QA to the GSN
                                                                 M. Templeton
* Status report: Metrics and service updates to MUSTANG
                                                                 R. Casey, G. Sharer
* Status report: MUSTANG coverage of networks
                                                                 L. H. Keyson
* ISPAQ — Mustang metrics you can take with you
                                                                 T. Ahern, R. Casey
* Metric redaction?: timing_drift discussion
                                                                 M. Templeton
* New action items and final comments   V. Levin

 

Action Items

2015-001: Review the Charge to Reflect IS needs
Responsible: Woodward

Status: Done. The version of the charge posted on the web site represents the result of the changes and the Board of Director’s approval for those changes.

2015-002: Consider software code/client repository newsletter article
Responsible:  Ahern, Casey

Status: In Progress for August 1 Newsletter.

2015-003: Address location code for consistency IRIS wide
Responsible: Casey
Status: Code in Review and Test for August Release.

2015-004: Review website for user experience design
Responsible: Members
Status: Follow up with Members and collect feedback

2015-005: Review redundancy in LASSO and MUSTANG network reports
Responsible:  unassigned

Status:  Remove

2015-006: Recommend development of MATLAB interface for MUSTANG
Responsible: Ahern
Status: On hold until resources can be found.

JUL2016­-001:  Consider developing “recipe” files for users in how they use MUSTANG.
Responsible:  Casey

JUL2016­-002:  DMC will start generating network reports for the AK network and one temporary network that Vadim has: They will provide feedback to Mary and the QA team at the DMC.
Responsible:  Mary, Vadim, and Natalia

JUL2016­-003:  Develop a plan for how often new metrics or modified metrics will actually be applied to the entire archive. We don’t want to do this frequently so we need to have some idea or schedule. DMC staff will present a plan at next QAAC call.
Responsible: Casey

JUL2016­-004:  Continue the discussion of timing drift methods.
Responsible:  Hersh and Mary