March 4 & 5, 2019
Scripps Institution of Oceanography – Martin Johnson House (T-29)
La Jolla, California
In attendance: In person: K. Hafner, D. Wilson, P. Davis, J. Park, C. Dalton (scribe), J. Berger, M. Vallee, C. Ammon, W. Yeck, J. Carter
On phone: C. Wolfe, N. Schmerr, C. Rowe, L. Waszek (afternoons from Australia)
Action Item (Davis & Wilson): ASL and IDA should prepare a list of GSN stations for which vault sensors cannot be converted into postholes or boreholes.
Action Item (Hafner): Draft a one-page summary of the vault-sensor-replacement problem and possible solutions. Send to Maggie Benoit. Also, update her more regularly so that this issue is near the forefront of her mind (i.e., should funds become available).
Action item (Park): Update the charge in the Gesign Goals Committee document to reflect new dates and milestones. Get board approval for possible WG members not on the original document; perhaps this can be done over email.
Action item (Park): Populate and charge the committee by May 1, 2019.
Goals for this Meeting
1) The meeting minutes and status of action items from the Fall 2018 meeting were reviewed and approved.
2) IDA, ASL, and the GSN PM presented updated activity reports.
3) Review of GSN SAGE YR 1 Budget spending, and discussion of SAGE YR 2 potential budgets
4) GSN Metrics: Reviewed the recommendations/findings from the Metrics Subcommittee. Combine data availability with data continuity; Look a noise characteristics at different frequency bands over year time periods; Next metric to target is validation of "sensor orientations".
5) Review of Progress on Recommendations from the 2015 GSN External Review