Standing Committee Meeting Report Global Seismographic Network

March 2018

Spring 2018 GSN Spring Standing Committee Meetings

March 22 and 23rd, 2018 (Virtual Meetings)

RESOLUTIONS

  1.  Unanimous approval of resolution for spending plan for anticipated funding variance for SAGE year 5, as presented to the standing committee!

ACTION ITEMS

  1. Action Item (Hafner/Davis): Prepare an alternate funding scenario (Plan B) in the event we cannot buy the T360 vault sensors we have budgeted.  Alternate spending scenarios may be a subject for discussion in a GSN-SC conference call in late spring or early summer.

  2. Action Item (Park): Populate the working group on GSN Design Goals review.

MEETING SUMMARY

  1. IDA, ASL, the GSN PM and the IRIS Instrument Services Director presented updated activity reports

  2. Kohler presented a summary of WGLTSS activities so far, plans for a spring virtual meeting, results of the online survey on global seismology questions, and plans for a SIG at the June 2018 IRIS workshop.

  3. Planned sensor deployments and infrastructure improvements were reviewed relative to known station issues.

  4. Wilson presented the latest developments on STS-6A hole locks.

  5. Davis reported on T360 vault sensor improvements.

  6. GSN SAGE YR5 budget status and proposed spending plans were reviewed.