2009 Seismic Instrumentation Technology Symposium
The 2009 Seismic Instrumentation Technology Symposium will be held at Miramonte Resort in Palm Springs Valley, CA. The meeting is a full day on Tuesday, November 10 and 1/2 day on Wednesday, November 11.
This is the first joint Seismology/Earthquake Engineering/DOD symposium on the seismic instrumentation technology. Learn more about the symposium here (PDF).
Attendees must register for the meeting as well as make individual hotel reservations. Additional hotel and and travel information is listed below. Please note that the hotel reservation deadline for the group rate is September 25, 2009.
Student and Post Doc travel support may be available. Please indicate your interest for travel support when registering for the meeting.
- Discounted Group Rate: $119 + $10 resort fee
- Reservation Line: 800-237-2926 (Reference IRIS when booking)
- Reservation Deadline: September 25, 2009 (for discounted group rate)
- Reservation Cancellation: Due three days prior to arrival
Miramonte Resort & Spa
45000 Indian Wells Lane
Indian Wells, CA 92210
Front Desk: 760-341-2200
- Palm Springs International Airport - 18 miles
Serviced by major airlines including Alaska Airlines, America West, American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Airlines/Skywest, and United
- Ontario International Airport - 70 miles
- Los Angeles International Airport - 122 miles
Ground Transportation from Palm Springs Airport
- Skycapp Transportation: (760) 272-4175, $35 one way, up to three people in one vehicle; please reserve one week in advance.
- Desert Valley Shuttle: (800) 413-3999, $50 one way or $90 RT booking; please reserve at least one week in advance
- $60-$70 one way
- Enterprise: (760) 778-0054 (ask for discount as Miramonte Hotel Guest)
- Hertz: (800) 645-3131
- Luxury Rent A Car: (877) 589-8799