This group of short animations walk you through the steps to properly set up an AS-1 seismometer. The AmaSeis Manual is also an optional resource.
Before getting started, read pages 1.1–1.3 in the Seismology Instruction with AmaSeis MANUAL. Each video covers information in the manual on the following pages:
- The Parts: page 2.1
- Setting up: points 1–5 on page 2.2 and point 11 on page 2.4
- Leveling the boom: point 6, 7, and 10 on page 2.2–2.3
- Adjusting the damper: page 2.3
- Cover It: point 16 on pgs. 2-4
- How to install AmaSeis: p. 3.1
- Latitude, longitude, & Calibration: pgs. 3 3.2–3.8
- Setting the clock: the importance of time described on p. 3.1; software on p. 3.2
- EXTRACT & Save, extracting a seismogram: Described in the PDF document,Extract & Save in a nutshell,. Also, it is described in more detail in sections 4 and 5 of the manual.
- EXTRACT & Save, saving a seismogram: see previous description