Open Until: 08/31/2022
The core responsibility of the IRIS PASSCAL Software Group Supervisor is to direct and oversee software development and distribution. The Group Supervisor is expected to assess both facility and community software needs, scope and design development projects, and evaluate final products to ensure project goals and performance criteria are achieved. The Group Supervisor is expected to establish development standards and infrastructure to ensure a maintainable software package. The Software Group Supervisor is also expected to devote significant time designing, developing, and maintaining software.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Science with a minimum of 8 years’ experience in software development.
- Demonstrated programming ability required.
- Understanding of Computer Architecture, Operating systems, Data structures and software architecture required.
- Working knowledge of Python and C required.
- Working knowledge of functional and object oriented programming required.
- Participation in source code and design reviews required.
- Familiarity with UI toolkits and frameworks required.
- Experience with Revision Control Systems e.g Git required.
- Experience with TDD required.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous development required.
- Familiarly with software packaging and distribution e.g. Conda & Pip required.
- Seismological or Geophysical field experience desired.
Applicants should submit a resume, official college transcripts, a letter of professional interests, and the names and addresses, email addresses, and phone numbers of three references to: IRIS PASSCAL Sr. Staff Scientist/Software Group Supervisor, c/o Human Resources, Brown Hall Box 054, Socorro, NM 87801-4796 , or email application and include job title as subject line to: email@example.com