Open Until: 09/30/2022
Title: Senior Geophysicist
Job Number: R2050867
Location: Patrick Space Force Base, FL, US
KBR has a dynamic opportunity for professional growth! We are looking for a Senior Geophysicist to provide scientific and engineering support to the Research Development Initiative (RDI)-052 Project, Advanced Short-Period Modeling to Lower Thresholds – 3D Models, at the Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC), located on Patrick SFB, FL. This study attempts to facilitate identification of low-magnitude test-site events using waveforms from selected stations.
***Must be a US Citizen***
***Must have a fully adjudicated (not an interim) Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility***
Relocation assistance may be available for qualified candidates.
• Construction of a waveform dataset of events
• Event travel time and amplitude measurements
• Determination of 2D path-specific velocity models between source and sensor pairs
• Characterization of misfit and the level of agreement between synthetic waveforms created from the 2D velocity models and observed data
• Deliver a library of Green's functions
• Moment tensor inversion
• Collaboration with government scientists on software development to perform smooth envelope inversion
• Deliver a final scientific report which includes results and technical details on the models and the scripts used to execute various scenarios
Required Education, Experience, & Skills:
• Ph.D. in Geophysics
• Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience performing tasks like those above
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills to leverage a multidisciplinary team of scientists
• Strong science background in finite-difference modeling of far-field wave propagation
• Documented expertise in the ability to interface software to link code operations
• Capable of handling elastic and anelastic physics and stochastic modeling
• Experience working within a government Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF).
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.