Postdoc & PhD opportunities in earthquake and/or tsunami science
University of Oregon
Open Until: 12/15/2017
Postdoctoral and graduate student opportunities are available in the Department of Earth Sciences, at the University of Oregon, in the broad fields of earthquake and/or tsunami science. Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
* Observational seismology of large events
* Modeling of large ruptures
* Modeling and observation of tsunami propagation and local effects
* Ground motion
* Tectonic geodesy
* Early warning
- Please submit a *CV and cover letter (max two pages)* detailing your research interests here
- Review of applications will begin *November 1st* and will continue until the position is filled.
*Graduate Student (PhD) applicants:*
- Please *follow application instructions and requirements* for the UO Earth Sciences graduate program
- Program description and application requirements may be found here: https://earthsciences.uoregon.edu/graduate-program/.
- Application due date has been moved up to *December 15th*.
Inquiries for both positions may be directed to Professor Diego Melgar (firstname.lastname@example.org), and further information about this research group can be found at http://pages.uoregon.edu/dmelgarm
IRIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employee's backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our employment site, please send your request to: Human Resources or call (202) 682-2220 or fax (202) 682-0633.