Open Until: 01/15/2021
The Center for Earthquake Research and Information (CERI), one of five Centers of Excellence at the University of Memphis, invites highly motivated applications for our graduate programs leading to PhD and MS degrees in Geophysics.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
As an M.S. or Ph.D. candidate, you'll be a part of a vibrant research environment where projects are being conducted at a global scale. We encourage collaborative research to help solve key problems in earth sciences.
< Program Highlights >
– M.S. and Ph.D. in Earth Sciences, concentration in Geophysics
– Fully funded on Research Assistantships or Palisades Fellowship
– Interaction and collaboration with Earth Sciences and Civil Engineering faculty
Possible research areas include, but are not limited to, seismology, seismic hazard analysis, earthquake physics, seismotectonics, geodesy, and computational tectonic modeling. Please refer to the online brochure for more detailed overview of research opportunities: [url=https://sway.office.com/8JBnzeNFBkgzhszy]https://sway.office.com/8JBnzeNFBkgzhszy[/url]
CERI’s unique research support includes
– On-site data collection from two large seismic networks and a GPS network in the central U.S.
– Rapid deployment of instruments after felt earthquakes e.g. in New Madrid and East Tennessee seismic zones
– Applications are reviewed starting January 15, 2021 for fall 2021 admission.
– Applications are made through the University of Memphis Graduate School:
Additional admission guidance is provided
– on our website: [url=https://www.memphis.edu/ceri/study/admission.php]https://www.memphis.edu/ceri/study/admission.php[/url])
– by contacting Ms. Michelle Smith (email@example.com) and Dr. Christine Powell (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information, please visit
– our graduate program brochure : [url=https://sway.office.com/8JBnzeNFBkgzhszy]https://sway.office.com/8JBnzeNFBkgzhszy[/url]
– the CERI website: [url=https://memphis.edu/ceri/]https://memphis.edu/ceri/[/url]