Open Until: 07/01/2022
The First Review Date for this job is: December 26, 2021
- Handles and coordinates activities with technical earthquake early warning (EEW) systems users, including such things as maintaining user contact databases including connectivity requests; acting as an informational and support resource for users; and providing a single point of contact at the BSL to handle confidential ShakeAlert information.
- The incumbent also participates in coordinating ShakeAlert User Engagement Meetings with both BSL and project partner staff, including drafting and sending invitations, coordinating venue and catering needs, drafting agendas, inviting and coordinating speakers.
- Tasks include preparing, editing and modifying documents such license materials, supporting USGS technical user databases, documenting: credential requests, licensing information, application submissions and other connectivity requests.
- Using subject matter knowledge. Act as a subject matter expert for the ShakeAlert system. This can include the development of technical guides, user manuals, video tutorials, or other tools and/or materials.
- Participation/coordination of BSL outreach and event activities, including demonstrations and workshops, both in person and virtual.
- Provides a variety of duties in support of a function, research initiative, program and / or organizational unit as assigned.
- Working knowledge of, or demonstrated ability to learn, common organization- or research-specific and other computer application programs (specifically Atlassian and Google Suite)
- Proficient in communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
- Demonstrates ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate proactively and independently to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of, or demonstrated ability to learn, earthquake early warning and earthquake safety.
- Ability to digest new and innovative research information and communicate those principles to a wide audience.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Demonstrates ability to organize, analyze, research, digest, and synthesize large amounts of data with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
- Ability to communicate earthquake principles to a wide range of audiences.
- 3+ years of experience with project workflow and/or background in project management.
Salary & Benefits:
Hourly rate will be commensurate with experience within the range of $24.76 - $35.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:
This is a full-time, 2-year contract that is eligible for full UC Benefits. Renewal is possible with continued funding.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
To apply, visit [url=https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=28227&PostingSeq=1]https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=28227&PostingSeq=1[/url]