Open Until: 09/30/2019
The School of Geosciences at the University of Oklahoma has an opening for a research scientist. This permanent position will support faculty and students in the areas of seismic processing, seismic interpretation, and computational applications.
The application site is: https://ou.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=191775
Detailed job description:
SCIENTIST/RESEARCHER III -
: School of Geosciences
: Oklahoma-Norman-Norman Campus
Work Schedule: M-F 8 to 5; some duties outside regular hours
Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000 based on experience
Benefits Provided: Yes
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter, Academic Transcripts, Other Document (See Job Requirements for details)
--- The School of Geology and Geophysics is recruiting a full-time Geoscience staff scientist (Scientist/Researcher III). This position is supporting faculty and students in (1) research and education, and in (2) maintaining and using existing software related to seismic processing/interpretation and other geoscientific applications. The candidate must be familiar with professional software packages used in seismic processing and interpretation. A background in Linux system administration is of advantage. This position will also be a liaison to OU IT and will maintain software licenses including renewal requests. Please submit resume, cover letter, academic transcripts and two reference letters.
Required Education: Master's Degree OR:
* BS and 5 years of relevant professional experience.
* Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, faculty and staff
* Able to work well with interdepartmental teams and initiatives
* Must be able to perform basic data analysis
* None required
Advertised Physical Requirements:
* Must be able to engage in repetitive motions and communicate. Remain for extended periods in front of computer monitor using a keyboard. Lift up to 40 lbs.
* Excellent Linux system administration skills and experience.
* Windows administration skills.
* Familiarity with professional geoscientific and seismic processing software in industry or academic
* Programming and scripting skills.
* Effective communication skills.
* Experience with ProMax.
* Ability and interest in classroom teaching (lab).
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties
Special Instructions: If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hiring contingent upon a Background Check?- Yes
Special Indications: None