Geoscience IT administrator (permanent position)
University of Oklahoma
Open Until: 09/01/2018
The School of Geology and Geophysics at the University of Oklahoma has an open position (permanent staff) for a Geoscience IT administrator:
Please apply at:
SCIENTIST/RESEARCHER III -
Work Schedule: M-F 8 to 5; some duties outside regular hours
Salary Range: $55,000 - $60,000
Benefits Provided: Yes
Required Attachments: Resume, Cover Letter, Academic Transcripts, Other Document (See Job Requirements for details)
Job Description --- The ConocoPhillips School of Geology and Geophysics (CPSGG) is recruiting a full-time Geoscience IT administrator (Scientist/Researcher III). This position will support faculty and students in (1) maintaining the existing Linux infrastructure, and (2) maintaining and using existing software related to seismic processing/interpretation and other geoscientific applications. The candidate must have a strong background in Linux system administration and must be familiar with professional software packages used in seismic exploration and interpretation. This position will also be a liaison to OU IT and will maintain software licenses including renewal requests. Please submit resume, cover letter, academic transcripts and two reference letters.
Required Education: Master's Degree OR:
• 6 years of relevant professional experience
• Able to communicate well and build rapport quickly with students, faculty and staff
• Able to work well with interdepartmental teams and initiatives
• Must be able to perform basic data analysis
• None required
Advertised Physical Requirements:
• Must be able to engage in repetitive motions and communicate. Remain for extended periods in front of computer monitor using a keyboard. Lift up to 50 lbs.
• Excellent Linux system administration skills and experience.
• Windows administration skills.
• Familiarity with professional geoscientific and seismic processing software in industry or academic
• Programming and scripting skills.
• Effective communication skills.
• Experience with ProMax.
• Experience with X11/VNC and other graphical connection solutions between Windows and Linux.
• Ability and interest in classroom teaching (lab).
Supervision: No Supervisory Duties
ConocoPhillips School of Geology & Geophysics
University of Oklahoma
IRIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employee's backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our employment site, please send your request to: Human Resources or call (202) 682-2220.