Experienced Software Engineer
KBRwyle, Albuquerque Seismological Laboratory
Open Until: 01/22/2018
Open Until: 2018-01-22
Title: Experienced Software Engineer
Job Number: 1057064
Location: Albuquerque Seismological Laboratory, Albuquerque, NM, US
KBRwyle, under contract to US Geological Survey at the Albuquerque Seismological Laboratory (ASL), is seeking a solid software engineer that brings fresh ideas from a range of areas, including digital signal processing, systems analysis, control theory, distributed computing, networking and data storage, security, and embedded systems.
As a software engineer, you will work on
• Projects for earthquake data visualization, analysis and processing.
• Design and implementation of algorithms for scientific research.
• Tools for presentation of near real-time state of seismic stations and data quality.
• Applications to interface with station hardware.
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
• Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
About the Albuquerque Seismological Laboratory (ASL):
We install, operate, and maintain the US Geological Survey component of the Global Seismographic Network (GSN), the backbone of the Advanced National Seismic System (ANSS), as well as a number of regional seismic networks. Along with operating these networks, the ASL ensures the quality and integrity of the data.
GSN and ANSS data is used for real-time seismic monitoring by the USGS National Earthquake Information Center (NEIC), for tsunami warnings by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Tsunami Warning Centers, for nuclear test monitoring by the Comprehensive Test Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO) and the US Air Force, and for scientific research. Our scientific research on earthquake processes, Earth structure and other geophysical problems is used by a broad community of international users.
• BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
• Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
• Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, data visualization, distributed and parallel systems, versioning systems such as Git, object-oriented design, machine learning, networking.
• Willingness to learn new systems, technologies and geophysical science.
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team of programmers.
• Ability to communicate effectively with technical and scientists user groups.
• US Citizenship.
• Master’s degree, further education or experience in engineering, computer science or other technical related field.
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
Apply online at: https://kbrwyle.jobs/albuquerque-nm/experienced-software-engineer/83B29EAA16C9423EB191A72AD0B4B511/job/
IRIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employee's backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our employment site, please send your request to: Human Resources or call (202) 682-2220 or fax (202) 682-0633.