The symposium will consist of the following talks.
- Session Chair's Remarks and Introduction to EarthScope
Prof. Anne Trehu, Oregon State University
- EarthScope Science - Transformative Research on Dynamic Earth Systems
Prof. Thorne Lay, University of California, Santa Cruz
- Scientific Drilling into the San Andreas Fault: SAFOD's First Five Years
Prof. Mark Zoback, Stanford University
- Deforming a Continent: Using PBO Data to Understand How and Why the western US is
Prof. Lucy Flesch, Purdue University
- EarthScope-Enabled Discovery:
Revising Plate Tectonic
Paradigms for the Western United States
Prof. Matt Fouch, Arizona State University
- NSF Remarks
Dr. Robert Detrick
The Symposium will conclude with 0.5 hour panel discussion / press conference.
Please note that titles marked by asterisk indicate subject area of presentation - final titles of these presentations will be provided as they are available.