The IRIS DMC has developed a suite of web services to serve the variety of fundamental data types managed at the DMC including: time series, metadata, instrument responses and event information. In addition to these fundamental data services, the DMC has developed data processing services that apply basic, on-the-fly time series processing and some common calculation services (e.g. distance-azimuth calculator). These services are available directly to the IRIS community but will also serve as the foundation for future DMC data access mechanisms.
DMC staff presentations will cover the following topics:
- An outline of existing web services and their related documentation and exploration tools
- Command-line scripts for requesting time series, metadata and event information
- Programmatic access via the IRIS Java Web Services Library
- Direct access to data from within MATLAB®
- Federated web services and other collaborations
Time and Location
When: June 12, 2012 at 1:00pm
Where: IRIS Workshop, Boise, Idaho (Room TBD)
In order to have an estimate as to how many users to expect we ask you to register.
Please register by June 1st, after which we will accept registrations only if space is available.
To register please complete the online registration form.
There is no registration fee. There will be no financial support provided.