IRIS Data Sources
The IRIS Data Management Center currently gets earthquake origin data from:
- USGS's ENS (Earthquake Notification Service), for preliminary data
- Files found in ftp areas here and here at the USGS
- Files found in the ISC's ftp area here
- Files provided by the Array Network Facility (ANF)
- New: we increasingly rely on the USGS feeds here.
Take a look! Anyone may use this information freely.
These sources may send data to IRIS, or we may fetch it from them, and at various intervals.
You can view Network Maps showing all the many stations that send us seismic data