Standing Committee Meeting Report Quality Assurance Advisory Committee
December 2016

Quality Assurance Advisory Committee Meeting – Dec 2016

Fall AGU

Tuesday, December 13, 2016
12:00 AM to 1:30 PM PST (3:00 PM to 4:30 PM EST)
DeYoung Boardroom (7th Floor), Hotel Zelos

Agenda

Topic Presenter

Roll Call and Introductions

V. Levin (Chair)
Review Action Items V. Levin
MUSTANG Web Service Usability Discussion R. Casey
Recalculation of the Entire Archive R. Casey
MUSTANG Improvements To Come R. Casey
Proposed Adjustment of MUSTANG Service Names R. Casey
New Action Items and final comments V. Levin
Adjourn  

 

Action Items

2015-003: Address location code for consistency IRIS wide
Responsible: Casey

Status:  Complete - blank location codes OK

2015-004: Review MUSTANG and LASSO website for user experience design
Responsible: Members
Status: Still pending: Follow up with Members and collect feedback

2015-006: Recommend development of MATLAB interface for MUSTANG
Responsible: Ahern
Status: Still pending: On hold until resources can be found.

JUL2016­-001:  Consider developing “recipe” files for users in how they use MUSTANG.
Responsible:  Casey
Status:  Presented Jupyter Notebook with embedded R code.  Committee finds approach compelling.  Will explore this further prior to next meeting.

JUL2016­-002:  DMC will start generating network reports for the AK network and one temporary network that Vadim has (X8): They will provide feedback to Mary and the QA team at the DMC.
Responsible:  Mary, Vadim, and Natalia
Status: AK network has formed a Cooperative Agreement with DS to begin receiving regular reports.  Observe and discuss further about reporting on a temporary network like X8.

JUL2016­-003:  Develop a plan for how often new metrics or modified metrics will actually be applied to the entire archive. We don’t want to do this frequently so we need to have some idea or schedule. DMC staff will present a plan at next QAAC call.
Responsible: Casey
Status:  A draft proposal has been presented as to approach and time expectations for full archive recalculation.

JUL2016­-004:  Continue the discussion of timing drift methods.
Responsible:  Hersh and Mary
Status:  Discussion will continue through email with interested parties.