IRIS Education and Outreach Committee meeting
February 24-25, 2005
- KE to contact Environmental Science Institute at UTIG to see if IRIS can replicate Wald and Bilham talks for distribution.
- CS to contact Roger Young and work with JT to get announcements to various departments about seismic processing workshop. CS to work with R. Young on course.
- SE, AK, JT, and SI to use DLESE meeting as a deadline to address USArray needs using REV.
- Subcommittee of KE, AK, SS to work with JT to develop USESN plan and modify RFP.
- Committee members to encourage teachers in their areas to apply for an AS1. GL to send information to committee members.
- AK to talk to Jeff Batten about electronics issues. GL to return broken black boxes.
- GL to explore reciprocal attributions, mutual links with SpiNet and IRIS, and to assess site. Committee members welcome to look at site and send comments to GL.
- Committee members to send Images of the Week to GL. GL to circulate monthly assignment list.
- MH to organize an Educational Affiliates workshop prior to the IRIS meeting.
- MH to explore having the intern orientation in Tucson associated with the IRIS annual workshop.
- JT to talk with SCEC about a museum proposal to NSF.
- JT and SE to pursue adding geodetic components to Museum Lite.
- IRIS to pursue putting a Museum Lite display at NSF building.
- Committee members to send ideas to GL for framed photos to hang in EarthScope office.
- Committee to send media materials featuring IRIS and/or EarthScope to GL for archiving.
- GL, JT to complete one-pager #7, IRIS book mark
- The committee is tasked to help find something that is newsworthy each week to provide to EarthScope.
- JT to contact past E&O committee members to write one-pagers.
- AK to work with MH on potential for online graduate course.
- JT to create response plan for big earthquakes.