July 15th-July26th: spent these weeks processing data from my survey conducted during previous weeks. I will say now i am pretty skilled in matlab and Computer Programs in Seismology(CPS). I Constructed several ReMi Plots and RoMi plots in matlab. After retrieving the plots, I constructed a script to determine the dispersion curves from the plots. Took me a while but now the process is flawless. I also had to work in Excel to transfer the info into the format needed for CPS. CPS is ran inside of the terminal and has various features for calculaing and plotting seismic related items. I used it to get a velocity models from the inversions of the dispersion curve. This week was critical for the results of my project. Pretty much the direction of my project was dependant on this processing, but oh I was not even worried. So friday came around...
Friday July 26th
We sat down Rob, Hunter, and I and discussed what we were seeing in these results. Turns out it was not what we were expecting. So back to the drawing board, atleast thats what you were thinking. Results turn the project into a new and better direction. Told you guys I aint got no worries. So we were able to interpret the pots in a new view, and we noticed something intriguing. Monday I was on a mission to do various test to decipher what we were observing, so stay tuned in for next blog!
You must be logged into the CMS to post a comment.