I just finished preparing my data so I can actually start doing Shear Wave Splitting analysis on it. It's been a long week of looking at nearly 5000 individual seismograms and deciding on the quality and then righting it down. It took me about 3 and a half days to get through them all, which I feel is relatively quick to get through 5000 of anything. Luckily, I still had plenty of potatoes to give me energy. (Thanks for the twice-baked potatoes recipe Michael! I started making it and realized I didn't have milk, so I substituted eggs - which created a wonderful omletish thing) I thought I was done after that, but I still had more preperation, but it's finally done!
I've been playing around with some of the seismograms in the shear wave splitting tool today to try to get the hang of it. The program is a SAC macro called Sheba, it uses weird cursor placement - key combo commands. I've had a little instruction from my advisor, but am not super confident with my use of it yet. I think I'll go rest up this weekend and then get some clarification on Monday.
really should not post
all these last minute haikus
cus they are not good
You must be logged into the CMS to post a comment.