Last week we were able to complete the vibroseis survey. After having to postpone the survey two weeks ago, we discovered we had collected the data in SEG-2 format instead of SEG-Y. We had to start from the beginning last week, recording the data as SEG-Y files instead. After another popped air cushion, a leak in the vibe, and having to jumpstart the car to get AC, we were able to complete the survey. We used a 7000 lb peak force mini-vibe that was trailer mounted. The sweep frequency was 20-180 Hz and there were 4 sweeps per source point, each lasting 8 seconds. We acquired P-waves only. The line was 144 geophones long, but after the first 36 stations, we moved the first 24 geophones to the end of the line for a total of 168 geophone locations.
After the survey was complete, i uploaded the data into SPW3, was able to merge the files into one dataset with help from Cathy and applied the geometry. my understanding of SPW3 is still limited, but I am slowly moving in the right direction.
Last weekend I was able to escape the Las Vegas heat for a couple days and went to Jackson Hole, WY to visit some family. We did some awesome hiking, biking, and boating and it was great to spend some more time with my family.
You must be logged into the CMS to post a comment.