It's not perfect yet, but yes I have a CMP stack.
These past two weeks I have been processing the data from the vibroseis survey. After having installed the geometry to the data, I was having difficulties doing a CMP sort. All of my files were coming up as one, very long file instead of seperate files for each location. After much help from Cathy and Veraun as well as many emails with Dan Herald from Parallel Geoscience, we finally figured out that our difficult problem had a pretty simple solution in that some of the parameters were incorrect. After that I have been playing around with filters, an automatic gain control, tail mutes, and normal moveout velocities. I have found so far that the tail mutes are not adding much to the data. I am also working on creating an appropriate velocity function. I finally came up with a CMP stack, but am still working to come up with the best version of it. I have also completed my AGU abstract this week and am waiting for it to return from review before I can submit it for good.
Today is my last day at NSTec and I cannot believe the summer is already over! I have learned so much and have had the opportunity to be a part of some amazing field work. I am so thankful to everyone who made this such a beneficial experience for me and can't wait for AGU! I'm shipping up to Boston!
You must be logged into the CMS to post a comment.