Yes, the world cup is about to be in full swing, and while many goals will be scored in Brazil I have my own goals to score this summer...
1. Enhance my ability to navigate and use MATLAB and more specifically tlPicker. I will be picking a lot of PmP arrivals (estimated 30,000+). The faster I get at recognizing PmP arrivals and quicker at filtering the seismic refraction records the faster I will be able to get the bulk of my work done.
2. Enhancing my knowledge of the subject matter. I have a collection of six starting papers that will give me more insight into the lower crustal low velocity region and ocean ridges. I want to be able to enhance my reading comprehension of the area I’m studying, and be able to ask the BIG questions when I invert my data. (ie. map out the lower crustal thickness and lower velocity zones).
3. Conservatively, watch at least 90% of the World Cup. I have a dual-monitor setup and simply must take advantage of it. No seriously, a healthy work-life balance is important.
4. Gain Independence and Interdependence in a research environment. I want to develop the skills and knowledge to be able to work on my own for extended periods of time, but also not be afraid to ask questions to my mentor. I want to actually contribute ideas along side my work, not just information.
5. Experience Seattle. People have told me that this is the best time of the year to be living in Seattle.
You must be logged in to post a comment.