Web & Database Programmer
University of California San Diego
Hiring Salary Range
$56,855 - $77,145 / Year
- Must work occasional weekends and evenings.
- Occasional travel to meetings and conferences off-site required.
- Knowledge equivalent to coursework for a Bachelor's Degree or higher, in Geology or Geophysics, Computer Science and/or Statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of UNIX on Sun workstations, as well as Linux, Windows, and Macintosh operating systems.
- Expertise in relational databases, especially Antelope Datascope and MySQL.
- Proven ability designing web pages that load rapidly, present information clearly, and are easy to navigate. Experience maintaining and regularly updating web pages including template development for less- experienced users.
- Thorough demonstrated knowledge of server-side languages: Python, PHP, Perl, XML, XSLT, SQL, Java
- Experience with the following software: Adobe Fireworks, Photoshop and Illustrator, Generic Mapping Tools (GMT).
- Proven experience in analyzing and displaying seismic waveform data from earthquakes. Ability to design and define ontologies for seismic data.
- Background check and valid California driver's license required.
- To apply, please visit: <a href="http://apptrkr.com/261476">http://jobs.ucsd.edu/bulletin/job.aspx?cat=information&sortby=post&jobnum_in=62926</a>
- UC San Diego is an Equal Opportunity / Staff Affirmative Action Employer that values a diverse workforce and provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities.