|Schutt, Derek (Chair)||Colorado State Universiy|
|Gutsch, William||Saint Peter's University|
|Jaume, Steve||College of Charleston|
|Long, Maureen||Yale University|
|Louie, John||University of Nevada, Reno|
|Miller, Meghan||University of Southern California|
|Salas Bao, Mariela||Chemeketa Community College|
|Schroeder, Fred||Noble Energy, Inc.|
|Charlevoix, Donna (ex officio)||UNAVCO Liaison|
|Semken, Steve (ex officio)||EarthScope National Office, Arizona State University|
|Wysession, Michael (Board Liaison)||Washington University, St. Louis|
|Taber, John||IRIS-Director of Education and Public Outreach|
Preamble to Standing Committee Charge
The Program Standing Committees form essential links in the IRIS governance and management structures. They provide a direct voice for the community to bring issues of policy and program development to the Programs and to the Board of Directors (BoD). They provide advice to the Program Managers and IRIS President in the development of activities and budgets to be presented to the BoD for approval. Formally reporting to the BoD, these committees provide oversight of their respective Programs. They also provide recommendations on policy issues and new programmatic initiatives to the BoD. Each Standing Committee Chair is to work closely with the Program Manager to prepare semi-annual reports to the BoD and to develop agendas for Standing Committee meetings.
The EPO Standing Committee advises the Board of Directors and the EPO program on policies that will advance awareness and understanding of seismology and Earth sciences for the broadest possible audience, while inspiring careers in geophysics. This committee is charged by the Board of Directors to:
- Develop and implement IRIS programs designed to enhance seismology and Earth Science education in K-12 schools, colleges and universities, and the general public, in concert with the seismological and educational communities.
- Seek additional funding from appropriate agencies such as NSF/EHR in order to implement activities.
- Identify mechanisms for IRIS research programs and activities to enhance the educational process at all levels and increase the visibility of IRIS EPO products.
- Develop strategies to support the development of a diverse earth science workforce.
- Facilitate collaboration with internal and external partners.
- Advise the Program Manager and the IRIS President on program planning and annual budgets.
- Provide oversight of the EPO program,
- Review activities and sources of support for new initiatives or outside programs that use or wish to use EPO facilities or resources in the context of the effectiveness of the overall IRIS mission.