Posted: 2006 Aug 25.
The Board of Directors is looking for re-invigoration of the Foreign Affiliates membership category. As part of this re-invigoration, the Board
- Reviewed a statement of perspectives on IRIS has Foreign Affiliates.
- Accepted a framework for IRIS international activities.
- Adopted a Mission Statement that each Foreign Affiliate is asked to endorse.
- Endorsed Metrics for the Foreign Affiliates program.
- Made IRIS affiliation a requirement to participate in the Instrument Loans Initiative.
The Mission Statement has been endorsed by each new Foreign Affiliate accepted by the Board in 2006 May:
- AWE Blacknest (United Kingdom)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- King Fahd University (Saudi Arabia)
- University of the West Indies
The Mission Statement has been endorsed by each recent Foreign Affiliate applicant:
- CEA Institute of Earthquake Science
- CEA China Earthquake Networks Center
- Council for Geoscience (South Africa)
- Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland
- Meteorological Research Institute, Korean Meteorological Agency
- Royal Observatory of Belgium