|Gaherty, Jim (Chair)||Columbia University, LDEO|
|Barnhart, William||University of Iowa|
|Bostok, Michael||University of British Columbia|
|Dueker, Ken||University of Wyoming|
|Gok, Rengin||Lawrence Livermore National Lab|
|Kilb, Debi||University of California, San Diego/IGPP|
|Roman, Diana||Carnegie Institution for Science/DTM|
|Tape, Carl||University of Alaska, Fairbanks|
|Schulte-Pelkun, Vera||University of Colorado, Boulder|
|Beaudoin, Bruce (Observer)||PASSCAL/NMT|
|Storm, Tyler (Observer)||USGS, Albuquerque Seismological Lab|
|Davis, Peter (Observer)||University of California, San Diego|
|Ahern, Tim||IRIS Director of Data Services|
Preamble to Standing Committee Charge
The Program Standing Committees form essential links in the IRIS governance and management structures. They provide a direct voice for the community to bring issues of policy and program development to the Programs and to the Board of Directors (BoD). They provide advice to the Program Managers and IRIS President in the development of activities and budgets to be presented to the BoD for approval. Formally reporting to the BoD, these committees provide oversight of their respective Programs. They also provide recommendations on policy issues and new programmatic initiatives to the BoD. Each Standing Committee Chair is to work closely with the Program Manager to prepare semi-annual reports to the BoD and to develop agendas for Standing Committee meetings.
The DS Standing Committee advises the Board of Directors and the DS program on policies to archive, distribute, and enhance the utilization of data from the GSN and PASSCAL programs, as well as other data. This committee is charged by the Board of Directors to:
- Develop and maintain policies that ensure that IRIS data flow into the DMC in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain policies for the archival of non-IRIS data, including decisions on which data to archive, how to support it, encouraging and facilitating archival of desired data either at the DMC or where it is collected.
- Interact with the international Federation of Digital Seismograph Networks (FDSN) and fulfill the IRIS commitment to serve as the FDSN’s archive for continuous waveform data.
- Develop and maintain data and metadata quality standards for GSN, PASSCAL, EarthScope as well as other data stored by Data Services.
- Ensure that users have easy and rapid access to data at the DMC and other data centers.
- Advise in the development and maintenance of user services including software tools for data access, display and processing as well as for products produced either at the DMC or by the community.
- Develop new initiatives to enhance the effectiveness of Data Services.
- Advise the Program Manager and the IRIS President on program planning and annual budgets.
- Provide oversight of the Data Services program,
- Review activities and sources of support for new initiatives that use or wish to use the Data Services facilities or resources in the context of the effectiveness of the overall IRIS mission.