|Aster, Rick (Chair)||New Mexico Tech|
|Brudzinski, Mike||Miami University of Ohio|
|Dueker, Ken||University of Wyoming|
|Gok, Rengin||Lawrence Livermore National Lab|
|Kilb, Debi||University of California, San Diego|
|McNamara, Dan||USGS, Denver, Colorado|
|Schulte-Pelkum, Vera||Univeristy of Colorado|
|Peng, Zhigang||Georgia Institute of Technology|
|Wu, Francis||State University of New York at Binghamton|
|Beaudoin, Bruce (obs)||PASSCAL/NMT|
|Gee, Lind, (obs)||USGS, Albuquerque Seismological Lab|
|Davis, Peter (obs)||University of California, San Diego|
|Ahern, Tim||IRIS-DMS Program Manager|
Preamble to Standing Committee Charge
The DMS Standing Committee advises the Board of Directors and the DMS program on policies to archive, distribute, and enhance the utilization of data from the GSN and PASSCAL programs, as well as other data. This committee is charged by the Board of Directors to:
- Develop and maintain policies that ensure that IRIS data flow into the DMC in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain policies for the archival of non-IRIS data, including decisions on which data to archive, how to support it, encouraging and facilitating archival of desired data either at the DMC or where it is collected.
- Interact with the international Federation of Digital Seismograph Networks (FDSN) and fulfill the IRIS commitment to serve as the FDSN’s archive for continuous waveform data.
- Develop and maintain data and metadata quality standards for GSN, PASSCAL, EarthScope as well as other data stored by the DMS.
- Ensure that users have easy and rapid access to data at the DMC and other data centers.
- Advise in the development and maintenance of user services including software tools for data access, display and processing as well as for products produced either at the DMC or by the community.
- Develop new initiatives to enhance the effectiveness of the DMS.
- Advise the Program Manager and the IRIS President on program planning and annual budgets.
- Provide oversight of the DMS program,
- Review activities and sources of support for new initiatives that use or wish to use DMS facilities or resources in the context of the effectiveness of the overall IRIS mission.
- March 2013
- October 2012
- April 2012
- October 2011
- March 2011
- October 2010
- March 2010
- October 2009
- March 2009
- October 2008
- March 2008
- October 2007
- March 2007
- October 2006
- March 2006
- October 2005
- March 2005
- October 2004
- March 2004
- October 2003
- April 2003
- October 2002
- March 2002
- October 2001
- September 2000
- March 2000
- February 1998
- September 1997