|Abers, Geoff (Chair)||Cornell University|
|Gaherty, Jim (DS)||Columbia University, LDEO|
|McGuire, Jeff (BOD Rep)||Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution|
|Nettles, Meredith (GSN)||Columbia University/LDEO|
|Pulliam, Jay (IDS)||Baylor University|
|Schutt, Derek (EPO)||Colorado State University|
|Wagner Lara (PASSCAL)||Carnegie Institution foe Science/DTM|
|Wiens, Doug (IS)||Washington University, St. Louis|
|Nyblade, Andy (BOD Rep)||Penn State University|
|Morris, Robin||IRIS-Cost Coordinator|
|Woolley, Robert||IRIS-Program Support|
The IRIS Coordinating Committee (CoCom) coordinates activities between core programs across IRIS, including the assessment of services, exploration of new initiatives and integration of budgets. CoCom should optimize the efforts of the Board of Directors by coordinating some aspects of governance, and does not replace any responsibilities of the Board of Directors. As the Board of Directors identifies and articulates priorities, CoCom helps align resources with these priorities, ensures coordination of efforts across IRIS, identifies ways to enhance scientific effectiveness, encourage interactions, and look for economies of scale in IRIS operations. Specifically,
- CoCom coordinates communication between individual Standing Committees and the Board of Directors. This task includes review of regular reports from IRIS governance committees, collating queries and other high-priority items, and other mechanisms that aid the Board to effectively engage with all IRIS components. All original committee reports presented to CoCom are provided to the Board.
- As part of the annual budget cycle, CoCom will develop an integrated IRIS budget for review and action by the Board of Directors, based on input from Programs and Senior Management. It provides a forum for disseminating and discussing regular budgetary guidance from the Board, and for coordinating long-term budget planning.
- CoCom coordinates the management of annual budget variances, if any, based on information from Senior Management and guidance from the Board of Directors.
- CoCom has responsibility for ensuring that International Development Seismology activities are addressed and integrated across IRIS programs and service.
- CoCom works with Instrumentation Services to ensure that Advisory Committees within that Directorate have clear communication with the Board of Directors.
The Coordinating Committee shall be chaired by the Vice Chair of the Board of Directors and consist of the IRIS President, The Director of Program Support and Special Projects, Project Cost Coordinator; the Directors and Standing Committee Chairs of Instrumentation Services, Data Services, and Education and Public Outreach; and the Program Managers and Governance Committee Chairs of International Development Seismology, GSN and PASSCAL. The Board of Directors shall appoint two members-at-large chosen from the Board with terms of up to three years. The Program Coordination Committee shall meet at least twice a year, either in person or virtually, typically after Standing Committee meetings but before Board of Directors meetings.