TX2000 (also called Grand2000) refers here to the TXBW, Grand (2002) , model to distinguish it from the TXBW Grand, van der Hilst and Widiyantoro (1997) model. The model is derived from the shear body wave travel times and aims at providing a more uniform global coverage of the mantle and more information on the upper-mantle seismic structure by using analysis of multibounce shear waves, core-reflected waves and SKS and SKKS waves that travel through the core.
|Name||TX2000 (TXBW, Grand2000)|
|Title||A global mantle shear-wave tomography model|
|Type||3-D Tomography Earth Model|
|Sub Type||S velocity|
|Short Description||TX2000 refers here to the TXBW Grand (2002) model to distinguish it from the TXBW Grand, van der Hilst and Widiyantoro (1997) model. The model is derived from the shear body wave travel times and aims at providing a more uniform global coverage of the mantle and more information on upper-mantle seismic structure by using multibounce shear waves, core-reflected waves and SKS and SKKS waves that travel through the core in its analysis.|
|Stephen P. Grand|
|Department of Geological Sciences|
|The University of Texas, Austin Texasy|
|Reference Model||An average of models TNA and SNA given in Grand and Helmberger (1984) for the upper mantle and PREM , Dziewonski and Anderson (1981) for the lower mantle.|
|Model Download||Model on a 4°x4° grid for depths from 60 to 2800 km at non-uniform intervals in netCDF format TX2000_percent.nc (metadata ).|
|Model Homepage||See Stephen Grand’s webpage at the Department of Geological Sciences (www.jsg.utexas.edu/researcher/stephen_grand ).|
|Depth Coverage||Whole Mantle (60 to 2800 km)|
|Areal Coverage||Global (-87° to 89°, 0° to 360°)|
|Data Set Description||The data used to derive the model consist of arrive times of several different seismic phases. Earthquake locations were taken from ISC with depth determination based on the S and sS time differences. The seismograms used came from WSSN and Canadian network for older events and more recent seismograms came from a number of global and regional networks (IRIS GSN, GEOSCOPE, MedNet, CNSN and temporary PASSCAL deployments).|
- Grand, S.P. 2002. “Mantle Shear-Wave Tomography and the Fate of Subducted Slabs.” Phil. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. 360:2475-2491.
- Trabant, C., A. R. Hutko, M. Bahavar, R. Karstens, T. Ahern and R. Aster (2012), Data products at the IRIS DMC: stepping-stones for research and other application, Seismological Research Letters, 83(6), 846:854. doi: 10.1785/0220 120032 .
- Dziewonski, A.M., and D.L. Anderson. 1981. “Preliminary reference Earth model.” Phys. Earth Plan. Int. 25:297-356.
- Grand, S.P., and D.V. Helmberger. 1984. “Upper mantle shear structure of North America.” Geophys. J. R. Astr. Soc. 76:399-438.
- Grand, S.P., R.D. van der Hilst, and S. Widiyantoro. 1997. “Global Seismic Tomography: a Snapshot of Convection in the Earth.” GSAToday:1-7.
- Stephen P. Grand
There is no DOI currently assigned for this product.