In version 2.0 ALL Earth model variables, contained in the netCDF model file, are available for plotting.
The IRIS EMC Slice Stack Viewer allows users to compare up to 4 depth slices by stacking them vertically. These depth slices are plotted in the same order as defined by user. The quantity displayed depends on the selected variable. The model grids are selected based on the lower-left and the upper-right corners of the area, as defined by user. For each slice the actual lower left (LL) and upper right (UR) coordinates are indicated in the image legend.
• Use the companion interactive Google Map to select the region of interest and also see the extent of the selected model.
• There is a known issue with the geographic boxes that cross the prime meridian!
• You may further refine the plot on your own computer by downloading the associated Generic Mapping Tools
(the bundle download link appears under the image once the processing is complete).
• The generated images will be removed after 7 days
• On the map the area covered by each selected model is shown by the corresponding color
• Move the map markers to set the latitude and longitude values