IRIS EMC — Depth Profile Viewer
In version 2.0 ALL Earth model variables, contained in the netCDF model file, are available for plotting.
The IRIS EMC Depth Profile Viewer plots model values as a function of depth for up to 4 locations (latitude-longitude pairs) and/or models. If a requested location does not fall on a model's grid point, the values for that location are derived from the 3 closest grid points using simple inverse distance weighting. If necessary, a simple inverse distance weighting is also used to interpolate the profile depth points.
• Use the companion interactive Google Map to select the region of interest and also see the extent of the selected model.
• There is a known issue with the profiles that cross the prime meridian!
• You may further refine the plot on your own computer by downloading the associated Generic Mapping Tools
(the bundle download link appears under the image once the processing is complete).
• The generated images will be removed after 7 days
• On the map the area covered by each selected model is shown by the corresponding color. Use the radio buttons to display the extents.
• Move the map markers to set the latitude and longitude values