In version 2.0 ALL Earth model variables, contained in the netCDF model file, are available for plotting.
The IRIS EMC Cross-section Stack Viewer displays a series of user-defined cross-sections. These cross-sections are plotted in the same order as they are defined. The quantity contoured depends on the model and the variable for that slice. The values along the requested latitude or longitude profiles are derived from the adjacent profiles that pass through the grid points. For each slice the horizontal axis is the location (latitude or longitude) at the surface and the vertical axis is the depth below the surface.
• Use the companion interactive Google Map to select the region of interest and also see the extent of the selected model.
• There is a known issue with the profiles that cross the prime meridian!
• You may further refine the plot on your own computer by downloading the associated Generic Mapping Tools
(the bundle download link appears under the image once the processing is complete).
• The generated images will be removed after 7 days
• On the map the area covered by each selected model is shown by the corresponding color
• Move the map markers to set the latitude and longitude values